Here at Dorchester Primary School we provide a wide range of opportunities across the curriculum to develop the children's knowledge and skills in ICT. All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, a computer and a visualiser, which are used successfully to enhance teaching and learning.
Our ICT suite is available to classes throughout the school for focused ICT lessons as well as for other subject areas. Other ICT equipment is used creatively such as mini ipads, flip cameras to record speaking and listening activities for evaluation, and digital cameras to take photographs for storyboarding as well as much much more! ICT is also available as an extra curricular activity for both key stages.
Our ICT Vision Statement
Our vision is to integrate technology throughout the curriculum and to use it as a major part of teaching and learning within Dorchester Primary School. We consistently aim for cutting edge technology and will try to provide open ended, thinking activities that support and extend the existing curriculum and allow the children to become more independent and creative. Most importantly, we aim to equip our children with the skills needed to succeed in this age of technology.
That ICT makes a significant contribution to teaching and learning across all subjects and ages, inside and outside the curriculum.
Our specific aims in line with those of the LEA are:
- For ICT to be used as a tool for whole school improvement where necessary.
- ICT is used as a means of enabling learning to take place more easily beyond the bounds of the formal school organisation and outside the school day.
- ICT is used as a tool for assessment, target setting and raising achievement.
- ICT capabilities are developed as key skills essential for participation in today’s society and economy.
- ICT will be used to provide access to learning for pupils with a wide range of needs, including children with SEN and disability needs.